 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8663
Re: Oh. No.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 22 Aug 2003 13:57:37 GMT

  PS - Calum, if you say "Oh, the name is cute!", I'm going to kick you.

no the name is not Cute. its more than cute. its DEATH!

I was all happy about the idea of a new coaster.  PCWo has been doing flatrides
for the last few years (Shockwave, Cliffhanger, Psyclone, Sledgehammer) and I
was hoping for a new coaster instead.  Iain had even hinted there was talk of a
hypercoaster for 2004.

Alas, a flying coaster sounded good-maybe a Vekoma product!  I like Vekoma
coasters-fun, moderately priced, and with multiple copies around the world so
you know you're not alone.  But NO, we get this Zamperla thing, which looks like
it the same team who designed the Mack Wild Mouse--it looks gimpy.  Doesn't look
strong enough.  If you build lower end rides, take a page from Vekoma like the
SLC Jr (Silver Streak) and make it good.

And capacity-single cars ain't gonna cut it.  Sigh.  This is gonna have lines
like the Fly.

Mechanically, I'm impressed by the lift mechanism.  I don't see a lot to go
wrong on the corkscrew.  No chains, tires, sprockets etc.

As for the name "The Flying Coaster".  Unlike "The Racer" (the world's cutest
coaster sign) at PKI....I dunno....I was hoping for something cute like "The
Flyer" or "Trainspotting: The Ride"

Calum