 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8513
Re: I got the power!.... for now.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 20:17:28 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Van Winden wrote:
I figured I would post quickly to see if we are still doing dinner... I am in
Thornhill at the moment (our data center which is powered).

Our data center is up too, but the entire staff was told to stay home.

Dinner?  Hella-yeah.

What's scary is, even though the entire frickin GTA is blacked out, networks are
down, cellphones are inoperative, and there's rolling pockets of power (came up
at 2PM here for me) here and there...

I got no less than three calls asking if dinner was on this afternoon.

And so, as Chris posted, at 642 Dixon Road (Dixon West of Martingrove, exit 401
Martingrove Road) we're doing rtlToronto dinner at Swiss Chalet.  How's that for
a committed set of people! :)

Calum