 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8443
8442  |  8444
Subject:
Report Calum....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:33:45 GMT

9:18 AM

Chris tries to call Calum:

416-CA-LUM

"ung.... Hel...cough.... Hello..?"

"Hi Calum, how are?"

"ung... Hello??"

"Calum, so tell me, how did BrickFest go?  I want all the dirt."

"ung.... i gotta.."

"Wow, look, Calum, if your busy, we can talk later. I was just curious
to hear all about Jeff VW, Jeff E. Ben, Derek.... Greg...:"

"Chris???"

"Yes Calum, its me.  I want all the gossip.  who bunked with who? did
the GPS work? did ben ever leave the Castle room.."

"Chris I gotta get ready for work.... Click."

"Calum, you cant do this to me.  Lugnet is Quite... just some ranting
about brick west and people MIA.....all i want to know is who lost pipe
racers...  more dirt on Jeff VW.....  ANYTHING.......
NOOOOOOoooooooooooo........"

"C A L U M !!!!!!"

ok. that's it.  no Strongbad, no Calum.  no Mail.

this is turning into a quiet day.

Chris

Oh, and let me tell you about my bugbear Virus.  I get this hardware
Linksys VPN router. and I manage to establish a tunnel between work and
home. COOL.  during the 45 min I was messing around with it......my
computer was acting weird... IE was misbehaving... only Netscape would
run correctly.  the power down and power up was iffy.....   but I
assumed it was the heat in the basement....

the next day, I re-hook up my old trusty network router ( a dell 486
with 2 nics and win95 running a simple NAT software....)

I click on IE and MCAFEE yells at me saying that IE is infected with
bugbear.... so i clean it. freak out and do a DEEP SCAN only to find 6
other files infected with bugbear..... ARGHhhhhhh

why didn't mcafee pick it up as I was being infected??? why can I go
YEARS with a simple 486 and windoze 95 and be protected but I add a NEW
hardware router and BANG..... bugbear...