 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 8081
Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto at the Maple Leaf 2003 NMRA Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 17:31:41 GMT

I think the layout's only 12 x 15

It's 5.5 x 6 modules...

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jvwinden/train4-5/altenburg4_5_v4.gif

That works out to ... carry the 11... :)

forgive me Iain....
5.5 x 30 is 165" = 13.75 feet..
6 x 30 is 180 = 15 feet...

Calum... Are you feeling ok???  :)

Jeff VW

Actually, I just looked at Track Designer, the feature 'Area', and our layout's
14 feet by 15 feet(approx)

So there you are.

Dave K

Are y'all a bunch of pedantic losers? :)

Basically I'm estimating larger, because of a) the space required is a rectangle
and b) there's plenty of slop between modules and for space to get around the
outside of modules.

Erring on side of caution works better than pretending there are sub millimeter
tolerances on things like modules, tables, wood etc.  It's the reason why our
baseplates and track never lines up and why things like the dam module doesn't
fit perfectly--we always assume a module is 30.25" and if we take two, then it's
60.5".  I'd rather estimate up at 36", that gives us plenty of room to manouvre
around and install too.

Calum