 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 799
Re: LM-MX for train1
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 02:54:06 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
I've decided to build the container loader/unloader based on our LM Series
(Option MX) robot. It requires a minimal footprint, and offers... um...
well, things. And it looks cool.

http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr/temp/LM-MX_fortrain1.jpg

Cool!  I think we need to define marking points for the side of the flatbed,
another possibility would be control the segment of track next to this
system, using the RCX.

Grab on the longer sides of the container, the eight long.  That's because
certain flatbeds will have the two 4x8's back to back like this:

http://www.brickshelf.com/scans/4000/4555/4555-12.html

Also, as Jeff says, there are 4x16 containers.  How about a nice unrealiable
SaraStack grip mechanism? :) Like this for your EOAT?

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/lego-kbot-stack3.jpg

I like the title block on the drawing.  That was my favourite thing to do in
SDRC IDEAS:

Drawn by CALUM TSANG
Checked by HANNY TADROS
Sign Off: CALUM TSANG

I had this sick and perverse pleasure in signing off mechanical drawings in
that class...even if you probably legally can't sign off your own
drawings...It was this sort of victory over the CAD machine.  I suspect Rob
didn't get this much fun in MIE241.

Calum