 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7772
7771  |  7773
Subject:
Tractors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 01:33:13 GMT

Since you all love machinery...

2000 John Deere 7210, dynoed @ 110 PTO Horsepower, used mostly for feeding.
20 forward and 20 reverse speeds, 5 groups of 4 powershift gears and
clutchless direction selection.
http://ca.geocities.com/interdutch1/JD7210.jpg

1997 New Holland 8160, Rated at 90 PTO horsepower, spends most time in front
of the feed mixer. 18 forward, 6 reverse, 3 groups of 6 powershift geasrs
and fully clutchless, but still has a clutch pedal for precision work.
http://ca.geocities.com/interdutch1/NH8160.jpg

2003 John Deere 7710, Raded at 135 PTO Horsepower, does fieldwork, and other
things. Infinitely Variable Transmission (CVT), capable of any speed between
0.1 KM/H to 40KM/H, transmission and engine are computer controlled to allow
optimal fuel efficiency. Basically set the speed, and the computer picks an
optimal engine speed and transmission ratio for the current work(300 times
per second) Doesn`t need a clutch to be driven but still has one for
precision work. Iain thinks these are way too complicated...
http://ca.geocities.com/interdutch1/P1010007.JPG

7210 and 7710 next to eachother on the day I picked up the 7710
http://ca.geocities.com/interdutch1/P1010008.JPG

7710 side
http://ca.geocities.com/interdutch1/P1010011.JPG

Feeding with the JD 7210 and NH 8160
http://ca.geocities.com/interdutch1/feeding.jpg

JD 7710 in front of a dumptrailer used to haul feed from the field to the
farm during harvesting.
http://ca.geocities.com/interdutch1/P1010001.JPG

Another angle
http://ca.geocities.com/interdutch1/P1010005.JPG

Lego tractor built a long time ago.
http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=960

These were just photos I had on my computer, some were taken last summer,
other this spring and some less than 2 weeks ago.

Gerard