 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 758
757  |  759
Subject:
Pneumatic Concept
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 01:56:14 GMT

A post by Dave earlier this week got me thinking about LEGO Pneumatic
systems.

For those who are "into" pneumatic systems... if I were to purchase an air
tank, and fill it with a compressor, how many cycles of a cylinder can I get
(fully extend/fully retract) before the performance is diminished
signifigantly?

I ask because I wouldn't mind trying to build an Airservo with a greyscale
encoder/lightsensor (or just use a rotation sensor...) on the piston, and a
high-speed home-made proportional valve (doubt that would work, but it might
if I lube 'er up... no problem there!). Move the valve in relationship to
how far "off the mark" we are from a position fed in by the RCX.

Does this sound viable? I don't have an air tank, but I'd probably order one
of those dandy little kits every one is takling about (provided I maintain
interest in trying this). :)

    Iain