 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7334
  Re: RCX Train Sensor

(...) All this RCX controlled automation is great and very impressive, but this (URL) is what happens to third-party manufacturers (re- track cleaner) that are not supported by out community. Did anyone do anything with these reed switches? (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX Train Sensor

(...) What, do I have to support overpriced products to be part of the Lego community? Do I have to buy things that I might not need to say I'm a Lego enthusiast? As a side note, from what I heard, HiTechnic had an overwhelming influx of orders (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX Train Sensor

(...) No. (...) I didn't know this, but they couldn't have been overpriced then. (...) What I meant was to direct attention to the dichotomy between Lego built stuff and using (and therefore supporting) 3rd party stuff. Which of course we each deal (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX Train Sensor

(...) I don't want to give the impression I thought HiTechnic stuff was overpriced-in fact, they were far underpriced considering the effort and care John put into them. It was a matter of time required to put orders together I think that made (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX Train Sensor

(...) What is this track cleaner I keep hearing about? Iain (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX Train Sensor

I agree with Calum that it's not the communities responsiblity to support such ventures, it's really up to the free market. If you have a product that people want and it's priced at a point that people will buy it then it will be a success. Seems (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX Train Sensor

(...) Check it out. (URL) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: RCX Train Sensor

(...) Well its not exactly a free market as TLC have copyright over certain "compatability" issues and many enthusiasts of the product have a particular abhorrence to using 3rd party components. So I don't think it's as simple as that. srh (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)