 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7164
Re: Cube2: Hypercube
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:39:56 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:

see, this is another example of when we need to add all the missing
nouns and verbs from things iain types.

Leave me alone!

I've been reading other reviews of this movie.  It reminded me of the first
90 minutes, and how much I did enjoy those.  The intro sequence is... well,
it's right up my alley.  Very, very well done.  You know the very first
thought I had when I saw the interior of the first cube?

"How can I cheaply convert my apartment to this?"

You know how the original had that really dark grungy look to it?  Well, in
this film that's been replaced with a "Mac" feel;  everything is glinting
white and silver and so clean.  The doors rock!

For anyone who saw the first movie and liked it (Chris) obviously you need
to watch the sequel.  I had purposley not read any reviews, seen any
pictures, or anything before I rented the film.  That way, I figured, I
could go in with a completly open mind and not expect anything.  But
truthfully, that probably set me up even more for a dissapointment, because
I then hyped in my mind "What if it was like, AMAZING and stuff?!" and it
did dissapoint me a bit.  Go in expecting it to be all it can be - less
impressive than the first because you already know the plot, and the outcome
(death for everyone).

That said, I'm looking into translucent white panels.  Fabco sells a 4x8
sheet for $20.  Hmm.

    Iain