 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 704
703  |  705
Subject:
the playfeild
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 03:10:19 GMT

WOW, I just came back from Dave's site.  Good work.  I do not even have
a concept YET!!

while reading all about how Dave will win the next event, he said:

  Where's the line, which side of the line is the 'bot on, what colour
is the block, where does
            the 'bot take the block--All logic problems that have to be
remedied both by codeing and
            physically changing the 'bot.

so this got me to thinking.  we promised a "grey" playfeild (cause we
were too lazy to re-paint the board) and a black AND white line down the
center.   the idea was that no bot had a black or white home advantage.
and any bot could figure out direction by reading the sequence of
grey/black/white/grey.

So I just had a look at the playfeild picture here:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-playfield-middle.jpg

I'm wondering if the grey is to light in colour to contrast with the
white??

I went out and bought official white electrical tape.

for those who care I bought it at Paul Wolfe Electric. for $0.98(Can) it
is 3M Colourflex, Colour Coding Tape, White.

it is 3/4"  wide. (sorry Iain) and I thought that 2 strips side by each
should be wide enuff for a bot.

with out actually setting up the play area (which is in storage) and
laying down tape and taking light reading....... Oh I don't know. I just
thought I'd mention this too all, so we can whine about it. Its getting
late and my wife wants to know why her computer is acting stoopid.

Chris
Visit my newly revamped walker page @
http://www.members.home.net/cmagno/technics/index.htm