 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6949
6948  |  6950
Subject:
Airwolf in LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 14:56:09 GMT

A gentleman by the name of Ben Witt has done a fantastic LEGO model of the
machine "Airwolf" owned by the German showman Max Eberhard.

Video Clips:

LEGO -
http://www.vergnuegungsbetriebe.com/Spezials/SpezialDownload/Airwolflego.wmv

Real Machine -
http://www.vergnuegungsbetriebe.com/Rides/Hochfahrgeschaefte/Airwolf/Airwolf_Vids/Airwolf.wmv

Images:

http://www.stargate64.de/Airwolf.htm

http://www.amusementrides.de/ra_thrill/airwolfpics/airwolf.html

http://www.mondialrides.com

Here are some images of the machine "Inferno" by Mondial, the Topscan was
further developed from it at the request of various showmen who wanted a
smaller version of the inferno that was easier for transport.

It is one of the larger type transportable rides, as far as I know only 3
Infernos were ever built.  The Topscan enjoyed mor success because of it's
further developed portability, but the ridefans in Europe still say the
Inferno offers a less "hard" ride because of the distribution of the forces
and the gondola seating position.

    Iain