 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6513
Re: 8475 -- smash up derby
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 23:25:37 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
on Bloor just west of Mel's.  I found a store a block west of
Bathurst,
(north side) but it seemed to be similar to Active Surplus, with no
real
R/C parts
(servos, the transmitter/receivers, etc), but they did have
rechargeable
NiMH and NiCad
batteries.  Is that store it?  Do you remember the name of the store
you
were talking about???

If I was talking about an "electronics" store just west Bathurst St.
then it was "Active Components"  thats the place you found.  and YES; it
is very much like active surplus.  as a point of interest, it was
started by 2 ex-employee's of A.S.   I don't remember talking about RC
parts persay(?), but for general electronic STUFF (not components) then
that is one of 3 cool places to go.

Well, if you're gonna post, post something correct:

a) It's called Above All, not Active Components.
b) per se

AboveAll has mostly computer parts, not RC parts.

As for rechargeable batteries, Supremetronic on Queen is one source for them
in bulk.  Chris' favourite wholesale places on Queensway in Etobicoke also
have cheap high cap NiMH AA's as well.

If you're looking for RC parts, Advance Hobbies is probably one of the best
places in Toronto:

http://www.advancehobbies.com/contacts.html

I just might make a run down to the wholesalers and pick up a WHACK of
"super-cheap-made-on-the-backs-of-chinese-labour" disposable alkaline
AA's

Remember everyone to buy them from Chris.

Calum