 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6083
CNE Turbine Re: Fw: 8475 seemed to be lacking.....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 05:10:48 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
BTW Iain, I've been meaning to tell you for a week now....
the CNE now has its own wind turbine.

Iain and I went over on Boxing Day.  It's pretty neat, actually.  The
nacelle (or lack of one) is nice and rounded compared to the Pickering
turbine.  One of the things you notice is just how large it is, because the
Pickering turbine doesn't really have anything to compare it to but the
shoreline, while the one at the CNE you have the Medieval Times building or
the Flowers and Garden building and the Bandshell etc.  It towers over the
Medieval Times building, but not so much in height as how large the rotor is.

Once you get close to it (ie, right next to it on foot) it seems smaller
again.  Worth the stop if you're driving by.

Calum