 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6
5  |  7
Subject:
Blockstackers2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 02:50:59 GMT

Hi there all you fellow Canadian Lego Roboticists!

I would like to agree that I too had a lot of fun at the last (my fisrt) Lego
Robotics event. I think we can make the next event even better. I have a
couple of ideas for new events, but first, let me say something about multiple
RCX's. Mybe its just because I only have one Rcx, but I don't like the idea of
mutiple brain robots competing with single brain robots. I also really like
the challenge of being forced to use just three outs and three ins. It makes
people come up with very creative solutions. But anyway, thats just my opinion
on the matter:) As for new events, I was thinking about doing something with
hanging robots. There would be two strings, and each robot would have to pick
up and drop off various things while driving back and forth along the wire.
Another idea is drag racers. They would race for about 20 feet, and then have
to stop within a specified range. I saw this idea at a website for an Italian
Lego group. Anyway, more on this later,
Rob