 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5800
  Re: meeting?????

(...) What's that all about? I think I'm an AFOL and I live near Toronto. Maybe, maybe not. Does anyone know about this? Dave K. (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: meeting?????

(...) Meetup.com is this thing where you can meet new people with similar interests (in safe public places at a prearranged time) by registering, it's hard to explain, did you go to the URL itself? You won't be invited unless you register and say (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: meeting?????

(...) So theoretically this could have been started by someone that doesn't even live in Toronto. All these people could show up at the restraint to get together and discover the organizer isn't even there because they live in Peru or Denmark or (...) (22 years ago, 23-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: meeting?????

(...) Well sort of. Did you read the site's blurbage? Perhaps not... Again, it's complicated... but the idea is that you would only go to the site selected if you knew that there were some other people who said they'd show up. The idea is the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)