 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5646
5645  |  5647
Subject:
RCX Nameplate Tiles
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 23:00:13 GMT

Stupid project time!

While at ECRG Rob mentioned it would be useful to have two tiles that said M
and S for Master and Slave so one wouldn't get confused.

I first grabbed a pair of black tiles with a really ugly Star Wars orange
and white pattern on them, and proceeded to wipe off the printing using Brasso.

Iain showed me how to do the labelling using Letraset.  A little bit of
Letraset I found in our lab from like 1991 (before the age of cheap laser
printing and colour inkjets) and I had two tiles:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/rcxtiles.jpg

I know Iain and Chris have done this before, but I thought it would be cute
to show and tell.  Now your RCXes will never get confused.

It's a Good Thing (tm)

Calum
PS-Rob-will try and get them to you somehow.