 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5609
5608  |  5610
Subject:
Stacking of a different nature...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 02:15:16 GMT

Ok... so i should probably be building a stacker....

But in a way I have been...

**Warning Train related post**
simular post in the .Trains group

I have been looking at a few of the container car designs around
from James Mathis http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=13442
and Thomas Burger http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=13505
.. both designs are wonderful, but after building the wagons that James had
designed, I came across a problem that we would encounter with an automated
system. The containers fit within the wagons very snugly, making it hard to
properly extract or place a container within the wagon.

So, I ventured to build my own version, and ended up building a wagon
simular to James's version, but in a 7 wide version, that uses the 1 x 2
tile with handle to center the container properly (I hope).

I also created a 4 x 8 x 4 (standard size) container with a half stud offset
for the door. Is this design Ok?

Here are the pics, Let me know what you think.
Jeff VW

after moderation:

Render image until moderation is completed.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/jvwinden/Trains/RollingStock/ContainerCar/a_complete.jpg