 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5568
5567  |  5569
Subject:
OUCH!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:41:30 GMT

Once, a while ago, some one on Lugnet asked about being hurt by lego.

most of the replies were from people stepping bare foot on the 2x4
brick.

BAH!!!

come to my house, I'll show you the SECOND device that has hurt me.....

First it was the biting baby gate...  that was just a pinched chest.

NOW, with the advent of our next lego event (block stacking)

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-110002-rules.html

I almost did some major damage.  I almost took out my eye when a sharp
pointed "block" was flung at high speed at my head.

We all know that during some other lego game, Steve and I managed to
create a robot that shot  these darn blocks across the play field.
well, I expanded on that technology and was seeing if I could fling
blocks on top of one another... I took 2 old 9v motors, directly
attached them to
some big rubber wheel, and powered each motor with its own AA battery
box....
.
..
you could feel air move around the tires...

..
you could hear a mighty whine as the tires got up to counter rotating
speed.

you would have laughed if you saw the look on my face as i brought the
contraception down on a lonely little block.

V O O M !!!!

like a bat out of heck, this thing launched the block at my head and
just missed my eye.

you have been warned... when playing with lego wear safety glasses...

:)

Chris