 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5549
Re: DAVE!! how was the 8880??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 20:53:16 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
At around 11:15 p.m., the car was together.  Not a record breaker to be
sure, but I had fun.  It was a joy to build a Technic model that's not
pre-separated into little bags with numbers on them, and it was great to see
'old' 24t gears 'n such, and no studless beams to be found!!  What a rush
that was!

I like to take my time with large (ie, 700+ piece sets) sets.  I think I
took two or three days to get through the SuperCar.  I also like to ask a
friend to come and help.

Then I looked at the car.
Well, is nice, and will prob'ly stay together for a bit.

It's quite nice, but I think it sits too tall.  If I could "lower" the thing
by "cutting the springs" like they do with imports, I would-except that
would probably mean modifying those spring loaded shocks.

And I am *very* happy I got one :)  Maybe the 8880 is the one I leave at my
desk at work.

I had my 8448 at work for a long time and people really liked it.  I'd find
the Scala doll in it in weird places because people would take it down to
play with while I wasn't there.

Congrats Dave-

Calum
PS-I can't wait till we start hearing the Derek et al stories of "I got
home, and there was 3000 odd pieces of Star Destroyer waiting for me" :)