 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5541
Re: I love Jake...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 17:36:02 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, David Koudys writes:
So, finally, after all these years...

I *will be* Supercar complete...

Yes, with hands shaking, I dialed the S@H # and spoke the codeword,

And with a few keystrokes, Melissa is shipping me an 8880.

Did it cost too much?  Prob'ly, but I don't care--suuuuupercar.....

Oh so verrry happy.

See you all tonite.

Dave K

So here I am, hacking up a lung this morning, but I have to go into work
anyway 'cause the other I.S. guys are busy elsewhere today...

So I get my lazy butt out of bed (late) and get ready for work...

Walk down the stairs, and notice thru the main door that the screen door is
sitting ajar.

Grrr!!  I think to myself--something else for me to fix...

I open the main door and there's this package sitting between the doors...

Is kinda big... has a shipping label with my name on it... what oh what
could it be?

Then, in my cough syrup, congested head cold, sleepy haze I recall something
about a LEGO set or something...

Take the box back upstairs, and proceed to open it.

And lo and belold, sitting in the box, is one (1) package of....

8880.

It took me about .5 seconds to go from MSIB to parts all over the floor! :)

Yeah, I'll be busy when I get home tonite--can't give blood (that was one of
the many plans I had tonite, but see, there's this cold 'n such...), and I
can't go out (cold :) ), so I'll just have to, oh shucks darn it all, stay
home, watch Enterprise and TWW, and build a car...

So there you have it...

Life is good here.

Thanks Jake :)

Dave K