 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4956
Re: Train clearance specs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 18:08:28 GMT

Jeff Elliott wrote:

This is based on Jeff VW's pic on brickshelf, but since I'm slightly
bored, I built the Club Car in MLCad to give a sense of scale.

http://extranet.telepres.com/staff/jeffe/train_height.gif

Wow, you must really be bored to go to all that effort. :-)

This is a copy of Derek's clearance specs for his train.  Derek, if
these have changed, perhaps you'd better let us know.

http://extranet.telepres.com/staff/jeffe/8wideclearance.gif

Yes, this is still accurate.  I still have the "GO" train built and I'm
planing to keep it for a while longer.  I want to see it do a full loop
at least once. :-)  My new train has lower side clearance requirements.
I'd like greater height clearance for it but I know that is just going
to cause problems.  As much as I'd like it for the train, I'm against it
for many other reasons.  I'll just have to live with a funny looking
pantograph.

That's made me think of something.  If we do the High Town thing, we
should make it a 6 wide standard, and build a cantanery (1. sp?) system
that fits with the metro liner's pantograph.  That would be cool.  I was
thinking of building a streetcar, I could make it fit with this system too.

Derek

1.  I can never figure out how to spell this.  I know half the web
spells it wrong.  Even LDraw has it spelt wrong on the parts that should
be labeled as pantograph parts.