 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4638
Re: Mmmmmm RCX 1.0
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 03:23:15 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Van Winden writes:
Well I got my RCX form lego today... and yes Chris it is the 1.0!

:)

Since I have 2 now, I actually may HAVE a chance to win a competition.. or
At least have a better entry...

Jeff VW

So Do I....I think the 1.0's are very versatile.  Congrats on your
cool purchase and receipt.  Personally, I wouldn't mind a 2.0 also so I can
use the upgraded firmware and the USB connectivity.

The 2.0 brick is no different than the 1.0 or 1.5 brick apart from the AC
connector.

Hmmmm....yes. Exactly.  Performance wise, all are similar....and capable
of handling the RIS 2.0 firmware, and using the USB technology (through the
USB tower).....  but 1.0 saves on batteries...yes...through its AC connector.
this is really what I was meaning.  I really didn't think there was any
"other" enhancements that 1.0 had.

1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 all can run the 2.0 Firmware, and all can talk
to the USB IR tower.  There is no advantage to buying a 2.0 RCX brick at
all, and the only reasons why you'd want a 2.0 RIS package would be a) for
the USB IR Tower and b) for the updated children's software.

Hmmmm... I have 3 Serial towers and 0 USB towers.  Also, I really only use
the firmware included on the brick.....(read: I am not that adept at other
languages....the GUI operation of the RIS is nice enough for me!!!!) :)

Ben