 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 4467
    Re: Winners Finds —David Koudys
   (...) One of the few things I know about the Big Smoke is Yonge Street. I was nowhere near that one. The Winners I was at is across from I think is Dufferin Grove Park. It's a quick walk from Landsdowne and College (where my girlfriend lives). The (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Winners Finds —Iain Hendry
   (...) Is "Big Smoke" a nickname for Toronto? If so, where did it come from? Iain (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Winners Finds —Chris Magno
   (...) Iain, (1) From what I can remember, this term dates back to 1936. In 1936 a HUGE fire broke out in a waterfront pulp and paper warehouse. Three people lost there lives. Reports in the local paper at the time (the Torontonian) say that the (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)