 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3981
3980  |  3982
Subject:
rtl10.1 Recap
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 09:38:09 GMT

So here's what I've got from rtl10.1 about the forthcoming rtlToronto/Live1:

-Early May timeframe.  rtl11 then comes in an early July timeframe, with the
ProjectY autonomous game (whatever it is.  At last it was a CTF game with
two separated tables)

-Hockey Puck.  The game will use an 8422 motorcycle type wheel hub as a puck
instead of the unusual McDonalds balls we gave out rtl10.

-Light Survey.  We will go into Lillian H Smith and try out the
transmitter/robot system given light levels on an afternoon.

-Controller Assignments.  We will publish a list of controller buttons and
messages for each of the controllers ahead of time.  Contestants come in
with their robots programmed with four programs, one for each controller.
The programs each respond to the default button configuration from the
control pads.

-IR stands.  We need stands for the IR towers.  I don't believe the IR
transmission pattern is ideal with the towers hung the way they were on
Friday.  We can try fabricating new stands for them.

-Floor or Table?  I'm inclined to go table.  Mainly because I don't want
people trampling little kids to get to the arena. It's also more difficult
to route cable if we don't have the space underneath.  We've got the USB hub
underneath there plus the serial splitter.  If the bots fall over the edge,
well, too damned bad :)

Calum