 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3979
Re: NMRA 2003 convention in Toronto
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 05:35:29 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Michel Magnan writes:
Hello,

I am not sure if you know, but the 2003 National Model Railroading
Association is having an annual convention in Toronto from July 13-19 2003
(NEXT year).

They have approached a Lego train group to have a layout at their convention
in Florida this year.  I thought you might want to plan for this, and
perhaps begin communications with them to see if they would be interested,
that is only if you would be!

Other Canadian LUGs might be interested in helping you out.  It would be a
very good opportunity, since they don't come to Canada very often.

Michel Magnan

That would be very interesting.  I saw this earlier (like last Summer...
yes, it was already on the NMRA's webpage then)  I don't think there is
any plans at the moment...

I was contemplating telling the rest of the main group...but after seeing
the details of the convention, it looked like you had to be members of the
association to set up a display there....

anybody have any other details... well it is more than a year away... 2003.
I certainly cannot plan that far ahead at this point, anyways...

it might be fun to see what we can come up with by then.  I am sure that
the rtl's layout should be as good as now, if not better.  The layout now,
even still raw in parts, is still awe inspiring.

Benjamin Medinets