 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3943
3942  |  3944
Subject:
differance between....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 03:38:28 GMT

OK, i just slapped together a bot.  it will not have any code.  it is
just an A/C steer robot.

for the code I will wait for Bruce to come up with something
extraordinary.  I will now HOLD my breath.

While i am slowly turning blue, I have a question.

in the "not rule sheet" we discussed not hoarding or capturing the ball;
which makes sense.  (e.g.. putting the ball in a hopper and driving it
to the "net")

we decided we could coral the ball. (e.g., having a V shape and pushing
the ball)

As any good robot builder** will tell you, if you try to push something
with a V shape,  all works well, until you try to turn.   to solve this
most robot builders put a small protrusion at the ends of the V to
prevent this.

My question:

would the small protrusion be considered capturing or hoarding??

Chris

** not you know who.    ;)