 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3910
Re: Beyond the Library: rtl11?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 21:46:25 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes:
Sand pits / sand boxes are incredibly fun.  Put all those huge,
low-ground pressure knobbly tires to work.  You can get enough torque
with a lego motor to throw a lot of sand around...

That would be really cool to do an offroad rally kind of thing.  rtl11 puts
us into June, which would be ideal weather for outdoors.

I had another thought this morning:  rtlToronto11: Hardcore Parking

I was driving into Kipling Metropass Parking this morning around 12:10PM
today and of course it's already full by 7:58AM every day.  There was one
guy who was going home for lunch walking towards his car, which I had
already passed, and I noticed a grey Corolla in the lane over heading
around.  I quickly accelerated to the end, three point turned in the little
triangular area at the end of the row (this is in the Soccer Mom Machine,
the 91 Voyager) and drove back along, beating the Corolla to the spot as the
lunch guy pulled out.  Booyah, Grandma!

What if we had a game where parking spots were drawn on the playfield using
say vinyl tape on the grey library table.  Then we fill the spots up with
fake cars.  Two robots circle the spots in a game of music chairs, and you
have to park your "robot" into the spot once one "car" is randomly removed?

Calum