 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3711
Re: New Soccer Bus at TRU!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 12:21:19 GMT

I found an interesting little bit in the TRU here in Belleville-a red soccer
bus that has an Adidas logo on it.  It's $29 and comes with a ball, just
like the great Ball Bus from a year or two ago.  Looks like a neat little
set, but horribly overpriced.  Great for sales I hope.

Calum

If you want to discuss 'horribly overpriced' - one of the toys stores here in
Vienna has Dacta set 9274 - the 260 piece doors & windows expansion pack - on
sale on the shelf.  It is packaged as a white cardboard box with a a colour
glossy label stuck on the front.  The price?  E71.84  Ummm, ok.  So I talked to
the staff, and got the response "that's a reasonable price - look at all the
peices!".  I pointed out that it lists on lego.com's Austria page at E29.80.
They were not swayed by my logic.

So, since I'm not excited about paying $108 for a few dozen windows and doors,
I think perhaps I'll order it direct...

The other prices in the store were fair, btw.  A bit expensive by our
standards, but no worse than Eatons, eg.

Oh - both toy stores I've been to sold T and + intersections on the shelves.  I
bought some... hopefully now my next rtlTrain layout will not just be a
straight line :)

They also carried a selection of sets I think of as shop-at-home only (UCS
Yoda, reprint Wild West sets, etc.)  as well as all the track pieces.

Jeff E