 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3693
Re: Calibration Run
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 03:03:21 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Derek Raycraft writes:
Calum Tsang wrote:

You could if you really want, but I'll have at least one if not two extra
laptops at rtl10 for people to use.  Just bring your code on floppy and of
course, your IR tower.  I can preload whatever you need the night before.

Thanks for the offer, the one big thing I'd need installed is the Sun 1.3.1
JDK.  LeJOS and my source will easily fit on floppies.  I'd also need WinZip
or equivelent to extract the LeJOS archive, and a text editor of some
description.  Notepad will do.

I'm going to try and do this without needing PC support if I can.  I have
three RCXs but I only need one, so I'm going to mirror the program to the
other two.  That way if one dies I can replace it with one of the others.
This is what happened to me at rtl9, I'm glad I had a backup.

Getting the JDK in is no problem, just remind me of it a little closer (ie,
Thursday night send me an email)

Calum
Pretend dialup from Belleville isn't the most cruel thing ever invented.