 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 368
  What I learned @ the robot meet

OK, in some other thread I was bestowing the virtues of many minds makes for a smarter group. to that end I would like to ask everyone to post here.(includeing the lurkers) My question to the group is: What lego related stuff did you learn at the (...) (24 years ago, 18-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What I learned @ the robot meet

"Chris Magno" <cmagno@home.com> wrote in message news:3A900923.7A053E...ome.com... (...) One of the things I learned (which shocked me) about programming: OnFwd(OUT_B+OUT_B) does NOT just turn on (forward) output B. It will turn on output B *AND* (...) (24 years ago, 18-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What I learned @ the robot meet

(...) Actually, I think it will just turn on output C, and leave B on if it was already. A much better way to write this sort of thing, in general, is to use the bitwise OR operator instead of addition. Then that kind of mistake can't happen: (...) (24 years ago, 28-Feb-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)