 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3618
Re: X-Bot times
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 20:13:39 GMT

Calum Tsang wrote:

Over at the last rtlToronto dinner meeting, Chris announced he's down to
27.6 seconds.  Derek later mentioned he's estimating a ~20 second completion
time for his design if everything works out.  Of course, Calum's Topiary
Garden(X) will complete in 0 seconds, thank you very much. :)

Well if I can figure out all the multi-threading issues, I might actually get my
bot to move. :-)

Threading is something I haven't dealt with much in Java.  Its very interesting,
and I'm gradually getting it working.  If it wasn't for wanting to implement
motor pulsing it would be simple.  I'd just have to run it very slowly.

Anyway, we will soon see if this thing is going to run or just Dead Lock like
Chris'.

40 seconds is still a very admirable time, we're at 47 but will break into
the 30's I suspect.

Its better then nothing, or infinite time, which is where I'm sitting at the
moment.

Derek