 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 3564
3563  |  3565
Subject:
64 nested if's status
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 21:37:46 GMT

WELL,

dinner was very productive for me.  i learned a TON of stuff.  I want to
give credit where credit is due, but for the life of me i forgot who
suggested to me that IF i rearranged my if statements than my robot
could be a bit more efficient in block placement.

So i did it.  I went home and re-coded all the if's.  I ran over 14
tests of a set pattern, both before and after the new if's and the
results are encouraging.   i shaved off  0.1 second

:)

wow. NOW i need to find about 7 more seconds to feel safe against other
robot claims.

I might just have to go back and look at the hardware.

BTW Derek, A quick looks shows that maybe  you were right about why my
robot sometimes hangs.  I'm looking into squeezing one more task into
the code to create an auto re-set.

Chris
Pretend this says something funny