 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 322
Re: driving
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 14:14:10 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
question to the group.

when you drive your bot forward looking for.... (marbles, blocks or
whatever) is there a tried and true method?

or do people just have there bot drive forward until it hits something
then turn a bit?

Drive until it hits something, then IF it's a block, pick up, ELSE IF it's
the wall, turn, ELSE IF it's another 'bot, drop big lead filled hammer! ;)

I am at a point where I could entirely redesign the 'bot for I'm not happy
with the cuurent one, or just slug thru and make the one I have work.
Though, with this modular design, a refit shouldn't take that long.
I'll take pics tonight and get them up on my site so you can all give me an
opinion on the feasability of said 'bot.

I'm not happy with it.  Now I know how Iain feels.  Though, bottom line is
that he should still build a 'bot.  For he is Iain, the LEGO 'bot builder
extra-ordinaire.

Didn't sell it, did I?

Stay safe.

Dave