 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 300
299  |  301
Subject:
Buffalo, You're Looking Good
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 03:36:55 GMT

Hi folks,

Went out to Buffalo with the family today to get out of the house.  Lego is
nearly the same price in the US as in Canada, ie, a $10 set here is $10USD
there!  It's like as if everything is 50% more expensive.

Didn't really see anything of note, but I did get a Lego Watch System watch
for $6.99.  It's the Stargazer model as seen here:

http://www.brainstorms.com/store/showitem.asp?k=KS248&f=0&hd=&ft=

I guess $7 vs $40USD is pretty good...they also had the Cyclone model.  It
was at the KB Toy Outlet at the Niagara Outlet Mall.

Pretty cool!  I got one for my friend's son.  The Watch System is somewhat
unusual, it's a plastic analog watch and the bracelet is made of little snap
pieces of various colours.  This one is in black, blue, neon green and grey,
nearly the insectoid colour scheme.  It also comes with a black velcro strap.

The other thing there was the 5050 Airplane Parts pack for $1.99USD.  I
figured I'd get one just for the heck of it, if only for the jet engines...

Calum