 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2789
    MOC Monorail with MOC Monorail —Derek Raycraft
   I know many people have already seen this Monorail from the rtlToronto Train2 pictures, but I've finally got around to taking some more detailed pictures of it. Its a monorail that uses blue 4.5v train track instead Lego's monorail track. Hence the (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

        Re: MOC Monorail with MOC Monorail —Jurgen Blok
     Hi Derek, I indeed saw the pictures from rtlToronto Train2 and it inspired me to buy a whole bunch of blue and gray rails and try something similar. So it's nice to have some real detailed pictures of it! ;-) I'm gonna try to power the "track", so (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

         Re: MOC Monorail with MOC Monorail —Frank Filz
     (...) You could power the track by using 12v conductor rails. That would actually let you cheat a bit, the suspension wheels could ride in the track between the conductors. You would have to use the old style 12v pickups to get power from the track. (...) (22 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

         Re: MOC Monorail with MOC Monorail —Jurgen Blok
     (...) and (...) Yes, that's a possibility, but ....I bougth a large amount of blue and gray track without the 12v conductor rails and you'd loose a major benefit of having 2 different radiusus or radii (whichever you prefer :-). Besides....I like a (...) (22 years ago, 13-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

        Re: MOC Monorail with MOC Monorail —Ross Crawford
   (...) Nice! With regard to the drive wheels, can you somehow include a vertical wheel (free-wheeling) resting on top of the rails, to take most of the weight? ROSCO (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

        Re: MOC Monorail with MOC Monorail —Derek Raycraft
   (...) Thanks. Yes, adding a wheel that runs on top of the rail to support the weight is what I'd like to do. The problem is keeping things compact enough that it can still negotiate the corners. Infact it might be possible to drop one pair of drive (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)