 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2598
Re: Part revelation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 17:26:46 GMT

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 14:15:05 GMT, "Calum Tsang"
<tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote:

Hey folks,

Here's a story for Matthias Jetleb, since he's the rtlToronto Cool Old Part
Guy :)

Anyone ever have (maybe probably only Dave because he had Classic Space too)
the 6970 Beta1 Command Base? (BTW, Canadian Lego never had these flashy
American names.  They had names like "Comand Centre" and other relatively

Thanks for the story (and honorable mention) Calum.  Ironically, while
I've never really been into the Space theme. As a result, I only had a
few of the early space sets in my collection - until I discovered
garage sales. Ironically, the last major garage sale of the year
(September 8 and again on September 23 - same house) netted 9 classic
space sets and two pairs of classic space base plates (305 & 306)
among the 72 amazingly complete sets (only 4 manuals missing, and only
1 set missing any major parts - oops, I'm gloating again...:-) ).
Among these space sets was a complete 6970.

I'll have to take a close look at that window to see what you're
referring to.

Matthias Jetleb
VA3-MWJ

BTW. I'm going to try to remember to bring some of the more
interesting sets to tonight's meeting, including the first  SPUD I can
recall ever seeing as a kid. I didn't own it then, but I do now :-)