 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 254
253  |  255
Subject:
flourescent lights
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 18:32:28 GMT

I made an interesting discovery the other night... I found out that the RCX and
the IR tower don't get along with flourescent lights. I was trying to download
a program, completely oblivious to the flourescent light on my desk shining
right down on the poor RCX. the download took forever, and the program didn't
work. After trying this again and again several times, I finally figured it
out. I turned the light off, and what do you know, it worked just fine. This
was probably the cause of my troubles with firmware earlier too. I just thought
the battery was dead, and the light just happened to be off when I replaced the
battery and tried again. I wish I hadn't thrown away that battery... Oh well.
Rob