 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2533
Re: My Metroliner arrived
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 13 Oct 2001 11:35:32 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
"Derek Raycraft" <djr@klg.com> wrote in message

(Mine too! ref: Subject)

Got my Metroliner and Club Car last night.  Pretty cool.  The box was much
smaller then I expected it to be.  But its just a simple box full of polly
bags.

YES. I couldn't believe it. I was expecting the box to be identical to the
boxes I remembered seeing in Toys R Us 10 years ago. But nope. They've got
clouds on the back. It reminded me of the way Apple packages it's computer
components (Box with Keyboard, box with Mouse, etc...).

I agree with what other people have posted on .trains, that I'm a little
dissapointed all the stuff is just sort of "shoved" in the box. The track,
motor, and wagon plates are just banging around, along with the INSTRUCTION
MANUAL AND DECALS!!! I'm lucky in that none of the stickers peeled up, but
both the manuals have rips and bodgy edges now.

I'm going to wait until my parents are back from Cedar Point so I can
surprise my dad and see if he'd like to build it with me. He doesn't know I
bought it!

Tonight, project Coin Box for rtl9...

*sigh*

BASHBROTHERSROCKON <SMASH>

   Iain

Nice....  Congrats to you and Derek....

its a shame that Lego tainted the best 9V train set (IMO) by shipping it
haphazardly..... 10000 Guarded Inn (wrong horse), 10001 Metroliner (Wrong
windows, and wrong hairpiece), 10002 Club Car (messed up instructions)
One must ask what kind of quality control is in place at Lego Direct?
I guess the line "Legends" stands for "Legendary Mistakes"!!!

Oh and I hope you (Iain) and your dad have a great time putting the train
together...

BASH BROTHER Benjamin Medinets
rtl METROLINER CLUB member #2 (4558)