 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 230
Re: firmware sucks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 06:06:49 GMT

"Rob Stehlik" <Robbby31@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Hi Everyone,
I have been having issues with firmware, wondering if you can help. I have
tried to download the stupid firmware from my mindstorms CD about 50 • times. It
starts out okay, and then does not finish. Gives a message about putting • the
Rcx closer. IT CAN'T GET MUCH CLOSER!!! I put in fresh batteries. Any • ideas??
Actually, I haven't used my RCX much since last competition... Last time I
tried, I happened to glance at the display, and it was counting up and • down
between 40 and 60. I said to myself 'That can't be good'. And sure enough, • it
wasn't good, and stopped working. Let me know if you can help,
Rob

Ugh, I know what you mean. I always have trouble doing this. Thanks to Bob
Fay for this solution, which seems to work:

Put the RCX about one metre from the IR tower. Set the IR Tower to LOW
power. Make sure your batteries are fresh (obviously).

Surprisingly, that seems to work for me! Otherwise, bring your brick and
I'll bring my HP/IR Tower to dinner Friday, and we'll do it there. :)

    Iain