 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 2157
2156  |  2158
Subject:
Monkey Rule Changes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2001 16:51:32 GMT

Hi Everyone,
I have a couple of suggestions for rule changes and updates for the monkeys.
First, I would like to suggest a new rule that the monkey has to stay within
the area defined by the width of the copper pipe on its side of the ladder
at all times. This means no grabbing onto the stud in the middle (cheap) and
no C-shaped robots that hang from around the end of the pipes onto the top
of the ladder drive along the top of the rungs(even cheaper). This rule
would force the robots to grab from underneath, which is what we wanted anyway.
Second, lets allow the use of battery boxes only (for me). Unless we go back
to the original idea of hitting a button or something at the end of the
ladder, I don't want to use an RCX. Also, as said earlier, I can start my
robot by pushing the button without tipping or swinging it, so this
shouldn't be an unfair advantage against those who start via IR.