 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1860
1859  |  1861
Subject:
More good DCC news Re: Some good DCC news
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 22:34:08 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Benjamin Medinets writes:
Ohh WOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!!!
That is something!!
Thanks Oliver for the donation.
Way to go Calum.....shirts look great, and having a working DCC system
is marvelous!!!!

Last yesterday Mario finished putting together the first DCC decoder:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/dcc2.jpg

It is a hand built thru hole, some solder, some wire wrap, implementation of
the Dean Probst PIC decoder.  It fits into a 9V battery box, which is a lot
larger than we expected.

I kludged together a throttle.  We're having some trouble with the soundcard
I picked to install on the T5200, as it's not reading the throttle (or
anything else) but we're getting there.  Slowly.

What's left to do is the integration part, where we install the decoder with
the 9V train motor, and connect the PC, encoder, decoder, throttle and track
together.  Debugging is a pretty fearful situation.

Calum