 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 18243
18242  |  18244
Subject:
movn' on up - BRICKFETE
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 12 Sep 2013 13:38:22 GMT

To quote a classic theme song from my youth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYcqToQzzGY

That's right,  Brickfete is moving from the Hilton, to a brand New Location!!!!

And much like the TV show, I am going to have someone walk on my back. (1)

This is the post Janey made in the Brickfete forums

----------snip------
We have a new "home". At our new hotel we will have free parking for all our
guests, our own lobby that doesnt have to be shared with the public (so we can
set up our art gallery and play area much closer to us). Plus the hotel offers a
family fun pool with slide for our overnight guests. We are excited about our
new location, and we will post the address as soon as our booking link becomes
live.

Brickfete Toronto - 2014 will be July 17 & 20, 2014  (2)

Due to the pending Pan Am games taking over Toronto for 2015, we have booked our
hotel early and bumped the date to July 2 & 5, 2015. (3)  We are letting you
know so you have plenty of time to book your holidays and make your plans.

---------end------------------------

So, as soon as the hotel (located in Toronto) sends us the link to book rooms,
we can go live with the location.

From the site inspection the new Venue is FANTASTIC!!!!!

-Better access to loading, and parking.
-Better access to public day/crowd control
-Real "double" rooms without funky headboard to headboards
-Amazing pool facilities.  (A part of the water slide goes UNDER/through a
garden)
-located near A LOT of other attractions to allow for NLSO to see/visit
-we haggled a 2 year deal, to allow for good room rates for the PAN AM games in
2015.
-SAME Brickfete, SAME great give-a-ways, Great Auction antics, new location

I for one, am excited.

Chris

1 - maybe we can raffle that off as a prize (4)
2 - edited from Original post to include AFOL dates
3 - edited from Original post to include AFOL dates
4 - On second thought, maybe not.  I would not want Dave to walk on my back(5)
5 - Although as the auctioneer, I could rig it so that cute-lite-hottie "wins"