 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17809 (-20)
  Re: All about me!

(...) 'My name is Chris' is an option on 4 out of 5 flawed polls. (...) Fair enough. What's that in your hand, Dave? a (16 years ago, 7-Nov-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: All about me!

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno wrote: snip (...) I says to myself, "Who would actually notice the doll house box in the pic and comment on it?" Oh wait--Chris! That's who! Thank goodness I have a kid sister that can take the fall for the (...) (16 years ago, 7-Nov-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: All about me!

(...) Ummm, Dave.... While its cool to see you in your mis-spent "yoot" and while it IS cool to see all the lego... I just don't know if you want the greater Lugnet comunity to know about the DOLL house you got for x-mas in the 70's. Chris (16 years ago, 7-Nov-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  All about me!

Putting Chris's hat on for a moment... (URL) Early '70's at Christmas. Those were the days--receiving LEGO sets at Christmas... oh wait, I still do :) Dave K (16 years ago, 6-Nov-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Proof of concept - Vid 2

(URL) it's RCX'ed That was slightly more difficult than I thought It isn't perfect--still needs a little tweaking, but it's a great start The monorail switch mechanism needs to be improved but the rest is pretty good So there you are Dave K (16 years ago, 6-Nov-08, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.space)

  Proof of Concept--Old School...

(URL) to my classic space layout will be this little item--a 'pick and place' robot arm that will move a space ship from the monorail onto the carrier. Tis is just the proof of concept to show that it can work--the motors and RCX will come in the (...) (16 years ago, 29-Oct-08, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.space)

  Big Blue : The Return...

So I was just cleaning up and sorting my collection (in whatever spare time I can find, between the renos and getting the abode ready for our upcoming baby)... When I happened across this guy-- (URL) Thinking that it's been a long time since I've (...) (16 years ago, 22-Oct-08, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  A date has been set for the next Ontario Lego Robotics event

THE CAN GAME! Summary Build a robot made completely out of Lego parts that can find and retain a can. The robot with the heaviest can at the end of the round wins. Date and Time Sat 24-Jan-2009 10:00 AM - 04:30 PM Location New Toronto Library Alex (...) (16 years ago, 16-Oct-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.ca.on, FTX)

  Christmas Train Show Nov 22 and 23

Hello long lost LEGO lovers! THE TORONTO CHRISTMAS TRAIN SHOW is NOVEMBER 22, 23, 2008 Hall 3, The International Centre, 6900 Airport Rd., Mississauga, ON Saturday 11am-4pm, Sunday 10am-4pm I was thinking about asking for the same size area--10 foot (...) (16 years ago, 24-Sep-08, to lugnet.org.ca.obb, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Fwd: Dinner on?

(...) i'll be there with some stuff for derek (should he be there) Dave K (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Fwd: Dinner on?

(...) i'll be there with some stuff for derek (should he be there) Dave K (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Fwd: Dinner on?

I'm working in Toronto today. Is the group dinner on tonight? Website says so...If not, I'm going out for dinner anyway :) -Rob A> (16 years ago, 12-Sep-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  PnP, an NXT-based "industrial" robot

OK, I had to post this in rtl because I confess the main inspiration for this was watching Ian's amazing LEGO industrial P&P automations over the years. This isn't nearly as fast as his, but it's the first time I've captured a motion I really like, (...) (16 years ago, 31-Aug-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic) !

  Dinner

Dinner, this Friday, August 8th, 7 pm, Swiss Chalet... be there with bells on, or at least with something on. Bring cool lego, or not, bring your partner, or not, bring an appetite or not but for the sake of all things abs, at least bring yourself. (...) (16 years ago, 6-Aug-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  New Lego Education Product WeDo

Full Info here: (URL) the press release: "LEGO® Education WeDo™, a new product that redefines classroom robotics, making it possible for primary school students 7-11 years of age to build and program their own solutions." "The complete LEGO WeDo (...) (16 years ago, 25-Jul-08, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  better vid

Yes it's on my server (URL) click and download Is the same youtube vid from earlier--all spacey, all the time! Dave K (16 years ago, 3-Jul-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  better vid

Yes it's on my server (URL) click and download Is the same youtube vid from earlier--all spacey, all the time! Dave K (16 years ago, 3-Jul-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  speaking of bacon....

I posted this not too long ago on my wastebook (facebook) wall: "Just wanted to post for the world to know that I am a big fan of Chicken Bacon. I thought Turkey Bacon rocked," (but...) "Chicken bacon is less pricey and just as tastey." posted, June (...) (16 years ago, 18-Jun-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: dinner?

Friday sounds good. oliver "Chris Magno" <magnochris@gmail.com> wrote in message news:K2Btz1.HA3@lugnet.com... (...) (16 years ago, 13-Jun-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  dinner?

anyone hungry? anyone? we could order BACON! This Friday. Chris (16 years ago, 12-Jun-08, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact