 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17784
17783  |  17785
Subject:
You don't know cool...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2008 17:25:05 GMT

Until you interface the NXT with a GPS.

K, that finally sold me on the NXT.  Until this point, the NXT seemed to be the
slightly spiffier yet more 'work-to-'bot-greatness ratio' of the RCX.

Yes, though the NXT is work intensive to get any kind of 'dave-botness' going...
when I press a button (after dling a program) and the display shows where I am
in GPS coordinates?  The possibilites for 'outside the arena' building is wide
open.

So Steve--thanks for the inspiration.

And this magellan thing?  it'll come.

I'll have pics up of my new NXT all terain caster'bot when I'm done my business
travels.  For the record (since I don't want Steve to get too swelled an ego), I
was originally planning on using those exo-foce tires for a 'bot before I saw
his green monster.

Dig out your NXT's, get a BT GPS and seriously enjoy the ride...  At lesat
you'll always know where you are.

Dave K