 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17425
Re: And there's the books I just finished reading...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 18:27:03 GMT

Besides Enders Game (which was brilliant, btw),
Xenocide was my personal fav. of the series.

Never read the others. "Enders Game" was my favorite, even if it had had nothing
but Battle School and the zero-G "capture the flag" scenes. Not only is it an
example of true 3-D thinking on a book (rare enough... ever wonder why the
Kligons and the Federation always agreed on which way was "up"? Ugh), but the
final solutions were outstanding. Always, always, *always* understand the goals
and rules of any game.

Huh. That even pulls this back to clearly on-topic for rtlToronto. I wonder if
Steve H. has read "Enders Game"...

PS- Currently, "40 Signs of Rain" by Kim Stanley Robinson. Loved the Mars
trilogy, and enjoyed "Antarctica", but I've yet to get into this series. Maybe
if I can get it away from my wife...

--
Brian Davis