 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17390
17389  |  17391
Subject:
Silly Putty
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2007 15:07:04 GMT

So,

I'm watching the kids. It's raining, and by 10 am, cabin fever is
setting in. Sure, Im ~thinking~ about releasing them to the outside, but
decide against it.

what to do?

I know, I will show my Three and Four year old's the wonder that is
Silly Putty

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silly_Putty

I hand the red egg container to my son, and show him how as a flat blob,
it is just like play dough. BUT, when you roll it into a ball, it will
bounce, and how it can copy images from a newspaper.

the kids are suitably impressed.

I turn to surf, and leave him to play. not too much longer, ~I~ discover
one more "wonder" of silly putty.

the bouncy silly putty ball, landed in my collection of technic
pneumatic  tubs, and WOW, who knew, silly putty sticks to those puppies
better than contact cement

i tried to ice it off, no luck.

Chris