 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 17074 (-10)
  Re: The difference between hobbyists and collectors...

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, C. L. GunningCook wrote: <snip> (...) Yo go, girl! We all know that Chris is a closet artsy fartsy person... Dave K -well, maybe just the second part of that... (18 years ago, 10-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The difference between hobbyists and collectors...

(...) Ring, ring... "Hello???" "Hi, this is Kettle calling ... I have a message for Mr. Magno, yes, just one word, BLACK!" For the general viewing audience... let me let you in on a little known tidbits of FACTS from the "Book of Magno Trivia"... (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: My first train7 project

(...) Mario DeFacendis is my friend and sometimes rtlToronto person. Together we entered rtl10 Project X and tried to enter rtl15 Deep Yellow. Sometimes you'll see him post in this NG or appear at an rtlToronto event. The LED's are literally garden (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: My first train7 project

(...) This is just gorgeous. Practical lighting is what LEGO displays are really missing. Who is this Mario guy, and how can I get some of those LEDs? Aaron (18 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: Falkirk Wheel

(...) That seems to be a roundabout way of doing what they've been doing in Peterborough for 100+ years-- (URL) course, to get this thing to work on the energy of 8 kettles, you close the gates manually and bail out a little water in the bottom (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Hey Iian, These are your little duckies right??

(...) Iain's stuff always impresses. He builds such clever stuff. But to watch him go through it is really a treat: Iain intrinsically knows the "feel" of pieces--eg, what will stick, just how much bracing something needs, that sort of thing. It (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Falkirk Wheel

(URL) this is what you need in the layout...not a piddly little boat lock :) And the fact that it only uses 1.5kWh of power (like boiling 8 kettles) to lift a boat is way cool. I'd plan a trip to Scotland just to see this bad boy... -Rob A> (18 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The difference between hobbyists and collectors...

(...) I disagree. If Chris does a good job of estimating the final purchase price, good for him. He'll save people like you from wasting your time bidding on it, while the price rises from $20 to $100. I don't think it's gouging, if it's a luxury (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Hey Iian, These are your little duckies right??

And actually, linking back and browsing through Ian's YouTube account was interesting. I'd not seen the pole balancer, and I love the "Toppler" as well. Nifty. (18 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The difference between hobbyists and collectors...

(...) I'm not sure I followed you there-- you said you think the set is worth more than just the pieces... but... your argument is that a set should just be sold at the value of the pieces (plus the price of the box and the instructions if (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact