 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16970
Re: Tug of War - A day late and a buck fifty short!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 22:43:32 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Rob Antonishen wrote:
So what do you use for video editing?

-Rob A>

On 12/21/06, Janey Cook <janeyofthejungle@yahoo.com> wrote:
rtl21 Tug of War

Stills and a few clips... enjoy.

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StSTrYWDbUc>

Janey "Red Brick"

Well, you see... thats why this was so late...
I always just used Windows Movie Maker... but when I kept loading all those vid
clips from rtl21 it kept crashing my machine and Windows Movie Maker also seems
to have problems with the format of the files my camera takes.

So when I was out shopping yesterday I picked myself up a new program, Magix (Movie Edit Pro 11) by a German Company   I didnt play with much but it didnt choke at all.  Seems like it will give you lots of creative options as well.  Its super simple to export into many different formats (if I only knew which ones were best) and import things of different photo/vid-clip formats as well.  Looks like it lets you control things very nicely... but since I just wanted to get the clips up I really didnt get into all the features. Im quite happy with it, although the first version I made was better edited and larger but since Youtube has that 100 meg limit, I just hacked that smaller version and called it a night.

I do look forward to sitting down and playing with all the features, but thats a
project for the new year.

Janey "Red Brick"