 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16911
16910  |  16912
Subject:
Hey...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 21:11:25 GMT

So, yesterday I went to a robotic competition in Chicago, and something really
funny happened.  Repeatedly.  Well, at least I thought it was funny.

There was a Line Following event, which included both LEGO and "Sheet-metal"
robots.  My LEGO robot ran after most all the others, and it was a bit faster
than most.

In the front row (looking over the edge of the table) was a little boy, with a
lot of questions.  The first time he asked a question, I about burst out
laughing, and I'm sure everyone present would have been confused, but maybe some
of you will laugh.

The little boy said (in a very loud voice), "Hey Mister...  Next time I come,
can you show me how to build a robot?"

Throughout the day, he asked several questions, and they were all preceded by
"Hey Mister...", and every time it made me smile.

I don't think it was the same kid who saw Chris' robots a couple years ago,
because he never once said, "Hey Mister, Your robots suck..."

It may have been his little brother.
Steve