 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 16853
Re: ooooh, I wish I had our digital camera here at work...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 01:13:51 GMT

In article <3644709b0610250846r57ad4c3dse1b26d0dd4581c99@mail.gmail.com>
, Rob Antonishen <rob.antonishen@gmail.com> writes

The grey motor in the center of the last photo - any idea how to fix
one of them?  I've got a battery box and one motor of that vintage but
the motor seems seized too...

Many, many years ago I had one of the black motors, like this one:
http://www.peeron.com/cgi-bin/invcgis/inv/sets/103-1?withpics=yes

The motor seized.  So yes, just like in the set picture I disassembled
the motor & gear unit.  Then I disassembled the motor itself, and found
that the carbon brushes were both worn away.

Not fixable unless you have some soft graphite, anything harder just
rips the commutator on the motor shaft.

ttfn,
Tony
--
  The NXT Step blog discusses the Lego Mindstorms NXT:
  http://thenxtstep.blogspot.com/